Healthy Advice from the Web for 2008
We could all use a little healthy advice now and then, so I've compiled
some helpful hints from the world wide web. Being the start of the new
year, there was a surge of info to sort through. Here are some gems ~
Following these healthy habits can add 14 years to your life:
1. not smoking
3. moderating your booze intake
4. eating your fruits + veggies (5 / day)
"How to Avoid the 10 Worst Energy Zappers"
1. Lack of Sleep.
4. Lack of Exercise.
5. Not Enough Oxygen.
6. Processed Foods.
9. Chronic Pain.
10. Toxic People.
Have some New Year's Resolutions?
Make sure they're SMART:
1. Specific. Say "eat at least 5 fruits and veggies a day" instead of "eat better".
2. Measurable. If you're more specific about your goals, success will be apparent. Keeping track of you progress helps too.
3. Achievable. Make sure it's possible for you to achieve. No point in setting yourself up for failure.
4. Realistic. You can only do so much. Use your resources to help you determine what you can realistically pull off.
5. Timely. Give yourself deadlines - realistic deadlines :-)
List your goals, Share your progress, Cheer each other on
Check out 43 Things
Think Simple Now: Creativity, Clarity & Happiness
Great blog! Positive, friendly, empowering.
Some relevant recent posts:
A Guide to Happiness via Self Forgiveness
Please comment with links you find helpful :-)