Chocolate / Zucchini Bread*
"Had these at a B& B in the Niagara region-- you should try them they are great! Can be made into plain zucchini bread, mini-breads or mini muffins too."
2 ½ c. flour (all purpose)
1 tsp salt
Grated rind from one orange
½ tsp baking soda
1 Tbls baking powder
½ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ c. ground flaxseed (optional)
½ c chopped walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans (Optional)
½ good quality chocolate chips
*To make just plain Zucchini bread use 3 cups of flour & omit the cocoa & chocolate chips.
3 large eggs
1 ¾ c sugar
¼ c. vegetable oil
¾ c Orange Juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c. unpeeled grated zucchini (about 2-3 depending on size)
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (flour thru to choc. chips)
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs & sugar- whisk in oil & vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in zucchini & add to dry ingredients until combined (as with all breads & muffins don’t over mix!)
- Pour into 2 lightly sprayed or oiled loaf pans (I line the pans with a parchment sling for easy lift out)
- Bake 50-55 minutes for loaves until toothpick test comes out clean. Cool & remove from pans.
Makes 24 muffin size (bake 25-30 minutes)
Makes 8 mini-loaf size (bake 30-40 minutes)
Makes a gazillion mini muffins (bake 18-25 minutes)