Green Ginger Pineapple Smoothie
Super detox smoothie - great for alkalizing your system. Refreshing and delicious + packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and enzymes.
Blend till liquefied and green, approximately:
- 1 c fresh pineapple (or unsweetened pineapple juice)
- the juice from 1/4 - 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- a small handful of each (remove most of the large stems): parsley, cilantro, watercress (or arugula, spinach or other leafy green)
- *1/4 - 1/2 c water (or unsweetened pineapple juice)
*Optional. The extra liquid may be necessary to make it easier to blend. Add water if you want it less sweet, juice if you want it more sweet.
Enjoy as is, or strain to make an awesome green juice - though you will loose most of the fiber. (I once made this drink using pineapple juice, cilantro and escarole - strained it, and added the green fiber to a tomatillo salsa - delicious.)
This recipe can be put through a juicer too: replace the optional water with another ~1/2 c of pineapple.